Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting and growing company? St. Germain's Cabinet, Inc. - Supreme Counters, the area's largest custom cabinet and countertop fabrication shop is looking for a Project/Drafting Engineer with expertise in Cabinet Vision® and AutoCad® software to prepare projects for CNC-based production.
Under general supervision, the Project Engineer will be responsible for interpreting architectural drawings and creating shop drawings utilizing AutoCAD to create blueprints, technical designs, plans, and production drawings to be used in assigned construction projects. The Project/Drafting Engineer takes direction from the Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (duties include but are not limited to):
- Creates or produces submittal drawings in and AutoCad® software for a variety of millwork and casework used in the commercial industry
- Orders material and maintains library of current standard cabinets
- Works with Production Manager to coordinate work and translate drawings into production flow and alter plans as necessary (to include programming of CNC)
- Takes direction from Project Managers on timing and coordination of shop drawings for production and installation.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software (Auto-CAD, Cabnetware, CabinetVision) to do layout diagrams and schematics
- Supplies cut lists , shop and production drawings
- Works closely with Estimators on job requirements and customer needs.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Responsible for material usage and forecasting
- Stores technical drawings electronically
- Works with project team to establish goals and ensure all shop drawings for assigned projects are completed according to set deadlines.
- Functions as an active team member with Estimating, Project Management and Production departments
- Follows all safety and OSHA standards and ensures a safe working environment
- Attends departmental meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of Cabinet Vision® and Auto-CAD (Preferred)
- Proficient in Cabinet Vision® including material schedules, construction standards, S2M, UCS’s and configuration of the program
- Proficient in AutoCAD to draft shop drawings for millwork and complex parts
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and works well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Solid understanding of materials, hardware, and wood-working construction methods
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changes in fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and ability to work as part of a team with little oversight and direction
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Full-Time, Non-Exempt Hours: Monday – Friday with occasional overtime
No travel is expected for this position.
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.