SOLID SURFACE FABRICATOR
Looking to join a growing company that offers excellent benefits, along with great opportunities to learn and grow? St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters is currently seeking Solid Surface Fabricators for our Duluth location.
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Solid Surface Fabricator is primarily responsible for fabrication of solid surface finished products to client specifications. The Fabricators will be responsible for the day to day fabrication tasks set in place by the shop supervisor to meet and exceed daily production goals by ensuring that all products are produced efficiently and accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (duties include but are not limited to):
- Reads and interprets plans and blueprints to produce solid surface countertops within tolerances and specifications.
- Operates power saws, routers, and hand tools of various sizes to customize solid surface materials
- Loads and adjusts workpieces onto equipment or worktables, using hand tools.
- Measures and marks equipment, objects, or parts to ensure grinding and polishing standards are met.
- Grinds, sands, cleans, or polishes surfaces to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
- Use glues and caulks to join seams and parts
- Verifies quality of finished workpieces by inspecting them, comparing them to templates or measuring their dimensions.
- Selects abrasives, polishes, etc., according to finishes specified, and steps in finishing processes.
- Transfers finished objects to specified work areas, using moving devices.
- Records product and processing data on specified forms.
- Follows all safety and OSHA standards and ensures a safe working environment
- Attends departmental meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with Corian, quartz, or related solid surface material (preferred)
- Experience in commercial cabinetry or related field (preferred)
The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required or preferred.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical, drug test and background check
- Ability to calculate square footage
- Ability to operate basic woodworking equipment
- Ability to read and understand drawings or blueprints
- Ability to consistently follow standard operating procedures
- Ability to work under conditions with changing priorities, short deadlines, and multiple work assignments
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Detail oriented and a self-starter
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and/or move while performing job duties; must be able to bend, stoop or reach when performing job duties
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, infrequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Requires repetitive motion using hands, arms
- Must have dexterity of hand and fingers to operate equipment
- Must be able to use a respirator and pass a respirator fit test
- While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to temperature ranges from 65 to 95 degrees F as well as low and high humidity ranges. The employee may on occasion be exposed to any number of adverse shop elements/odors
- The noise level in the work environment may be somewhat loud
- Work in this occupation involves use of protective items such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and respirator
No travel is expected for this position
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice