LEAD - RESIDENTIAL COUNTERTOP INSTALLER (Brainerd, MN)
Looking to join a growing company that offers excellent benefits, along with great opportunities to learn and grow? St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters is currently seeking a Lead Residential Countertop Installer for our Duluth location.
Under general supervision, the Lead Countertop Installer is primarily responsible for all aspects of the installation of solid surface/stone/quartz or laminate countertops and backsplashes in St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters’ (SGCSC) residential sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (duties include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for all aspects of countertop installation process which may include backsplashes, sinks (no wet plumbing connections) including communicating with customer and staff
- Supervises/trains other installers before, during, and after each job
- Leads loading and unloading of company vehicles with items necessary to complete installs
- Responsible for moving, setting, measuring, setting miters, onsite cutting and polishing and mounting stone countertops
- Ensures all paperwork and products (i.e. sinks, etc.) is loaded prior to leaving SGCSC
- Identifies any potential install issues and discusses with manager prior to leaving for site
- Tears out old countertops prior to installation of new as required
- Maintains tools and ensures they are collected and returned to assigned vehicle at the end of each job
- Ensures jobsite is clean and left in an orderly fashion after installs are complete
- Reports safety issues immediately
- Follows all safety and OSHA standards and ensures a safe working environment
- Attends departmental meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED), Trade School training/education, desirable
- Moderate to advanced construction or cabinetry knowledge, highly preferred
- Minimum of two years of solid surface countertop installation experience, preferred
- Drafting/ Auto-Cad experience is a plus
- Wage: $24 to $30 per hour
The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required or preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license (CDL not required) with clean record
- Ability to pass pre-employment DOT physical, drug test and background check
- Ability to interact with customers and provide prompt and courteous customer service in a professional manner
- Ability to accurately read a measuring tape and read and interpret installation drawings
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and long days
- Excellent organizational skills and be task driven
- Positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Self-motivated, responsible, and reliable with ability to work independently
- Possess an understanding of the fabrication process
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching, and carrying heavy material. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds and occasionally over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- may be subjected to dust particles and must be able to wear a respirator or facemask
The following physical activities will be required on a regular basis:
- Job duties will be performed primarily at a residential job site (a customer's home)
- Will encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures
- Normal vehicle travel hazards will apply
- Noise level may be high
- May require overnight travel
THIS JOB IS OPEN TO APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT HAVE A COLLEGE DIPLOMA AND IS IDEAL FOR SOMEONE WHO IS
- A Multi-tasker - able to keep the big picture in focus while being detailed-oriented
- High stress tolerance - thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Dependable - more reliable to be on time every time and ready to work
Travel is expected for this position.
St. Germain's Cabinet, Inc. - Supreme Counters provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice