Looking to join a growing company that offers excellent benefits, along with great opportunities to learn and grow? St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters is currently seeking Project Managers for our Duluth location.
Under general supervision, the Project Manager is primarily responsible for taking projects from signed contract stage to project completion. The Project Manager will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for designing, planning, organizing, controlling, integrating, and completing quality engineering solutions and projects to support manufacturing and corporate facilities and systems. The Project Manager oversees and provides guidance and direction to the engineering staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (duties include but are not limited to the following)
- Coordinates and reviews all construction drawings with the Estimator before work begins
- Reviews project, schedule, and scope of work
- Identifies potential quality and cost problems and develops a plan to solve them
- Orders or makes certain essential materials and services have been purchased; proactively ensures material resources are available in a timely manner to support project
- Tracks project budgets and timelines
- Develops layouts (by using drafting software AutoCAD) for new or existing processes or products; approves drawing releases
- Prepares interim project reports (as directed) and completes project report. Provides copies of all technical documentation (drawings, flow charts, manuals, etc.) to project owner
- Coordinates and communicates all aspects of the project from initial review to close out
- Works closely with other departments to ensure completion of the project including Estimating, Engineering, Production, Shipping, and Installation
- Coordinates all agreed upon changes with the client and ensures the project is completed to the client’s satisfaction
- Submits all purchase requisitions for all required materials and goods
- Endeavors to meet customer’s agreed upon project completion dates
- Travels to customer sites when and where necessary
- Provides direct supervision, coaching, counseling, mentoring, planning, monitoring and appraising job results for the engineering staff
- Follows all safety and OSHA standards and ensures a safe working environment
- Attends departmental meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of project management experience in Architectural Woodworking/Commercial Casework with a comprehensive understanding of interior architecture, millwork engineering, cabinetry construction and Architectural Woodworking Standards (preferred)
- Proficiency in AutoCad and CabinetVision (preferred)
- Experience performing job take-offs and estimating
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Ability to read complex architectural shop drawings
- Have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- High proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
- Must be extremely organized, thorough, and detail-oriented
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee
- is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to write, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear
- must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- occasionally may be required to visit construction jobsites, which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures. In addition, employee must be able to move around prospective or current project sites. This includes climbing ladders, walking on uneven surfaces, walking long distances, and climbing stairs
This job generally operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and occasionally moderate
This position may require occasional travel to work sites.
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.