Looking to join a growing company that offers excellent benefits, along with great opportunities to learn and grow? St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters is currently seeking Spray Finishers for our Duluth location.
Under general supervision, the Spray Finisher is primarily responsible for applying all finishes to cabinetry and other wood products. Receives direction from the Lead Spray Finisher as to work priorities and productivity. The Spray Finisher reports directly to the Production Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (duties include but are not limited to):
- Works from blueprints, specifications, work sheets, dimensions, color codes, mixing charts, tables, verbal, and written instruction/information.
- Applies various types of finishes to cabinetry/other wood products using spray gun
- Works with multiple finish types such as lacquers, polys, CVs, polyesters, etc.
- Prepares, matches colors and mixes standard and other primers, paints and coatings to proper consistency and viscosity, using thinners, solvents, additives, and agitators as required. Select pressures, nozzles, oven temperatures, cure times, according to specifications
- Prepares and coats sample pieces as needed.
- Adjusts nozzles on spray guns to obtain the proper dispersion of the spray
- Checks the flow and viscosity of the solution
- Visually and mechanically checks finished items for flaws, bubbles, imperfections, pin holes, runs, bare spots, proper coverage. Refinish and touch up as required
- Maintains work area and all machines and equipment in safe and effective working order giving special attention to proper handling and storage of all chemicals within the area.
- Maintains and cleans spray equipment and spray booths as required
- Keeps work areas in an organized, clean, and safe condition
- Follows all safety and OSHA standards and ensures a safe working environment
- Attends departmental meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with HVLP and Air Assist/Airless spray equipment preferred
- Experience spraying polyurethanes, conversion varnishes, lacquers, and stains; spray staining, seal coating and top coating wood products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience required or preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug test and background check
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to consistently follow standard operating procedures
- Ability to work under conditions with changing priorities, short deadlines, and multiple work assignments
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and/or move while performing job duties; must be able to bend, stoop or reach when performing job duties
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, infrequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Requires repetitive motion using hands, arms
- Must have dexterity of hand and fingers to operate equipment
- Ability to use a respirator and pass a respirator fit test
- While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to temperature ranges from 65 to 95 degrees F as well as low and high humidity ranges; the employee may on occasion be exposed to any number of adverse shop elements/odors to the extent of being disagreeable
- The noise level in the work environment may be somewhat loud
- Capable of wearing and inspecting all Personal Protective Equipment for all job assignments. Respirators, Gloves, Protective Eyewear, etc.
No travel is expected for this position
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.