Looking to join a growing company that offers excellent benefits, along with great opportunities to learn and grow? St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters is currently seeking Cabinet Makers for our Duluth location.
Under general supervision, the Cabinetmaker is responsible for assembling finished products using tools, machines, and their own hands. Fabricates various types of wood products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (duties include but are not limited to):
- Studies blueprints or drawings of items to be constructed and plans sequence of cutting or building
- Organizes finished products to be assembled
- Laminates sides of cabinets, doors, edges; Cleans laminate glue off cabinets
- Inserts screws or dowels in predrilled holes, and fastens parts together with screwdrivers, glue, & clamps
- Glues, fits, and clamps parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine
- Fits prefabricated wooden parts together
- Installs hardware such as hinges, catches, and knobs on assembled cabinets
- Trims component parts of joints to ensure snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files
- Work with an energetic team to achieve production goals
- Operates edge bander & table saw when needed
- Ensures working environment is safe, clean, and organized
- Follows all safety and OSHA standards and ensures a safe working environment
- Attends departmental meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience using hand routers and other wood-working tools, is a plus, but not required
The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required or preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug test and background check
- Ability to calculate square footage and use a tape measure
- Ability to operate basic woodworking equipment
- Ability to read and understand drawings or blueprints
- Ability to consistently follow standard operating procedures Ability to work under conditions with changing priorities, short deadlines, and multiple work assignments
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to use a respirator and pass a respirator fit test
- A working knowledge of woodworking and general assembly techniques
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and/or move while performing job duties; must be able to bend, stoop or reach when performing job duties
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, infrequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Repetitive motion using hands, arms
- Must have dexterity of hand and fingers to operate equipment
- While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to temperature ranges from 65 to 95 degrees F as well as low and high humidity ranges. The employee may on occasion be exposed to any number of adverse shop elements/odors to the extent of being disagreeable
- The noise level in the work environment may be somewhat loud
- Capable of wearing and inspecting all Personal Protective Equipment for all job assignments. Respirators, Gloves, Protective Eyewear, etc.
No travel is expected for this position
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.