Are you looking for an exciting career in custom cabinetry with a growing company? St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. is looking to hire talented individuals to fill positions in our cabinetmaking department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (duties include but are not limited to):
- Studies blueprints or drawings of items to be constructed and plans sequence of cutting or building
- Organizes finished products to be assembled
- Laminates sides of cabinets, doors, edges;. Cleans laminate glue off cabinets
- Inserts screws or dowels in predrilled holes, and fastens parts together with screwdrivers, glue, & clamps
- Glues, fits, and clamps parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine
- Fits prefabricated wooden parts together
- Installs hardware such as hinges, catches, and knobs on assembled cabinets
- Trims component parts of joints to ensure snug fit, using handtools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files
- Work with an energetic team to achieve production goals
- Operates edge bander & table saw when needed
- Ensures working environment is safe, clean and organized
- Follows all safety and OSHA standards
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in commercial cabinetry or related field, preferred
- A working knowledge of woodworking and general assembly techniques
- Proficient at using a tape measure
- Previous experience using hand routers, hinge press, vertical panel saw, etc. is preferred.
- Ability to calculate square footage
- Ability to operate basic woodworking equipment
- Ability to read and understand drawings or blueprints
- Ability to get along well with people and are energized by a fast-paced work environment
Ability to consistently follow standard operating procedures
- Ability to work under conditions with changing priorities, short deadlines, and multiple work assignments
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Willingness and ability to bring a positive, problem-solving approach to work every day.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and/or move while performing job duties; must be able to bend, stoop or reach when performing job duties;
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, infrequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Repetitive motion using hands, arms
- Must have dexterity of hand and fingers to operate equipment;
- Ability to use a respirator and pass a respirator fit test
- While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to temperature ranges from 65 to 95 degrees F as well as low and high humidity ranges. The employee may on occasion be exposed to any number of adverse shop elements/odors to the extent of being disagreeable.
- The noise level in the work environment may be somewhat loud.
- Capable of wearing and inspecting all Personal Protective Equipment for all job assignments. Respirators, Gloves, Protective Eyewear, etc.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime, as necessary
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Full-time, non-exempt. Monday-Friday with occasional OT
No travel is expected for this position.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice