CNC ROUTER OPERATOR
Looking to join a growing company that offers excellent benefits, along with great opportunities to learn and grow? St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters is currently seeking a CNC Router Operator for our Duluth location.
Under general supervision, the CNC Router Operator is responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting-up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (duties include but are not limited to:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, plans, materials and specifications
- Checks stock to determine amount available
- Programs equipment by entering instructions and calculating requirements
- Prepares and loads raw materials and parts onto the machine
- Prepares a test run to check that machine produces product according to specifications
- Sets machine to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls to assure accurate product
- Verifies parts are correct for job by checking job number and other instructions (chips, colors, etc.)
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures
- Performs inspection of machined products, and documents results
- Completes and maintains paperwork for parts
- Assists in other work areas to perform fabrication, lay-up
- Follows all safety and OSHA standards and ensures a safe working environment
- Attends departmental meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year CNC machinist experience, preferred
- Previous experience in woodworking industry a plus
The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required or preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug test and background check
- Ability to communicate effectively and be able to work well in a team environment
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Computer knowledge with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- Attention to detail
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Is regularly required to talk or hear
- Is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms. stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The position requires frequent lifting, pushing and pulling objects that are 40 pounds or heavier
- Is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
No travel is expected for this position
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.