Looking to join a growing company that offers excellent benefits, along with great opportunities to learn and grow? St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent for our Duluth location.
Under general supervision, the Purchasing Agent is primarily responsible for working alongside Project Managers & Engineers and will research, negotiate, and process purchase orders for materials for projects. The agent will also maintain inventories of materials and Supplies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (include but are not limited to)
- Coordinating activities involved with procuring all types of custom millwork items
- Reviewing requisitions
- Managing inventory levels
- Conducting research
- Negotiating with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule
- Examines materials to ensure they meet the needs of our customers
- Aggressively seeks to improve existing vendor programs
- Attention to detail and a focus on expediting delivery of goods is essential
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have industry experience, great organizational skills, good math, effective communication and computer skills, and knowledge of excel.
- Must work well with others and actively support Project Managers and Engineers.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce, or economics, preferred
- Three to five years’ experience preferred
- Purchasing agents and officers purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related university degree or college diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be a requirement for purchasers of industrial products
The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required or preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check and have a clean driving record
- Able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn how to accurately read architectural and construction drawings and documents
- Ability to learn how to analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation
- Advanced data analysis skills
- Strong aptitude for construction cost estimation
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
- Regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
- Is frequently required to stand and walk, and must regularly lift or move up to ten pounds and frequently lift or move up to twenty-five pounds
Minimal travel expected.
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.