CAD Drafting Engineer (Millwork)
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting and growing company? St. Germain's Cabinet, Inc. - Supreme Counters, the area's largest custom cabinet and countertop fabrication shop, is looking for a CAD Drafting Engineer with expertise in AutoCad® and Cabinet Vision® software, to prepare millwork projects for CNC-based production.
Under general supervision, the CAD Drafting Engineer is responsible for interpreting architectural drawings and creating shop drawings utilizing AutoCAD® and/or Cabinet Vision® to create blueprints, technical designs, plans and drawings to be used in assigned construction projects. The CAD Drafting Engineer takes direction from the Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (duties include but are not limited to):
- Ability to conceptualize and design in AutoCad®/Cabinet Vision® software submittal drawings, layout diagrams and schematics for a variety of millwork and casework used in the commercial industry
- Responsible for material usage and forecasting; ordering material and maintains library of current standard cabinets
- Implements cost savings suggestions
- Professionally addresses conflicts and finds successful solutions to design challenges
- Works with Production Manager to coordinate work and translate drawings into production flow and alter plans as necessary (to include programming of CNC)
- Takes direction from Project Managers on timing and coordination of shop drawings for production and installation
- Supplies cut lists , shop, and production drawings
- Assist shop personnel to interpret designs and drawings
- Seek input from the shop to make designs easier to manufacture
- Works closely with Estimators on job requirements and customer needs
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications
- Evaluates/documents and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases
- Stores technical drawings electronically
- Ability to prioritize workflow to meet project deadlines
- Functions as an active team member with Estimating, Project Management and Production departments
- Follows all safety and OSHA standards and ensures a safe working environment
- Actively participates in departmental meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 years of AutoCAD® drafting experience
- Proficient in MS Office and AutoCAD® with ability to create draft shop drawings for millwork and parts
- Cabinet Vision® experience highly preferred, including material schedules, construction standards, S2M, UCS’s and configuration of the program
- Technical College diploma or related experience in design fundamentals including but not limited to: Mathematics, Drafting, and Shop Processes
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal communication
The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience required or preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and works well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Solid understanding of materials, hardware, and wood-working construction methods
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changes in fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and ability to work as part of a team with little oversight and direction
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical machines, fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand for extended periods; walk; have dexterity of hand and fingers; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
No travel is expected for this position
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.