Looking to join a growing company that offers excellent benefits, along with great opportunities to learn and grow? St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters is currently seeking Countertop Installers for our Residential Department, at both our Duluth and Brainerd, MN locations.
Under general supervision, the Countertop Installer is primarily responsible for all aspects of the installation of solid surface/stone/quartz or laminate countertops, and backsplashes, in residential sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (duties include but are not limited to)
· Responsible for all aspects of countertop installation process which may include backsplashes, sinks (no wet plumbing connections) including communicating with customer and staff
· Leads loading and unloading of company vehicles with items necessary to complete installs
· Responsible for moving, setting, measuring, setting miters, onsite cutting, polishing, and mounting stone countertops
· Ensures all paperwork and products (i.e. sinks, etc.) are loaded prior to leaving SGCSC
· Identifies any potential installation issues, and discusses with manager, prior to leaving for site
· Tears out old countertops prior to installation of new, as required
· Maintains tools, ensuring all tools are collected and returned to assigned vehicle at the end of each job
· Ensures job site is clean, and left in an orderly fashion, after installs are complete
· Reports safety issues immediately
· Follows all safety and OSHA standards, and ensures a safe working environment
· Attends departmental meetings, as required
· Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
· Basic construction or cabinetry knowledge
· Minimum of two years of solid surface countertop installation experience (preferred)
The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required or preferred.
· Must be 18 years of age or older, and possess a valid driver’s license, (CDL not required) with clean record (MVR check)
· Ability to pass pre-employment DOT physical, drug test, and background check
· Ability to interact with customers, and provide prompt and courteous customer service, in a professional manner
· Ability to accurately read a measuring tape and read and interpret installation drawings
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, with the potential for long days
· Excellent organizational skills and task driven
· Positive attitude and solid work ethic
· Self-motivated, responsible, and reliable, with ability to work independently
· Possess an understanding of the fabrication process
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active, and requires standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching, and carrying heavy materials. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds, and occasionally over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be subjected to dust particles, and must be able to wear a respirator, or facemask.
The following physical activities will be required on a regular basis.
- Job duties will be performed primarily at a residential job site
- Will encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures
- Normal vehicle travel hazards will apply
- Noise level may be high
- May require overnight travel
Travel is expected for this position
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. - Supreme Counters provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment, without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination, of any type, will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities, may change at any time, with or without notice
Job Type: Full-time