CNC BEAM SAW OPERATOR
Looking to join a growing company that offers excellent benefits, along with great opportunities to learn and grow? St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters is currently seeking a Beam Saw Operator for our Duluth location.
Under general supervision, the Beam Saw Operator is primarily responsible for the set up and operation of the CNC Beam Saw.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (duties include but are not limited to:
- Loads or unloads materials from machine
- Inspects machinery or equipment to determine adjustments to machine
- Reads and interprets shop drawings
- Verifies accuracy of machined work pieces against blueprints or drawings
- Ensures that work order specifications are followed according to established schedule
- Inspects and measures workpieces to mark for cuts and to verify the accuracy of cuts
- Troubleshoots saw for problems and makes proper adjustments
- Follows all safety and OSHA standards and ensures a safe working environment
- Attends departmental meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in woodworking industry a plus
The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required or preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug test and background check
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and specifications accurately
- Must be able to meet goals and deadlines
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be able to follow multi-step instructions
- Basic math skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Is regularly required to talk or hear
- Is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, bend, stoop, and crouch
- The position requires frequent lifting, pushing, and pulling objects that are 40 pounds or heavier
- Is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
No travel is expected for this position
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
"St. Germain's Cabinet, Inc. Is Growing"
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. (SGC), announced the acquisition of Supreme Counters based in Brainerd, MN; on Tuesday, September 2, 2020. We are equally excited that former owner Dan Karsnia and his brother Doug, have joined the SGC team to continue the same exceptional service they have been providing for over 20 years. Dan provides templating and installation, and Doug continues to do sales and estimating.
Our new company name is now St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. - Supreme Counters.
The March/April 2020 Edition of The Duluthian Magazine Features
"Built to Last: St. Germain's Cabinet, Inc. Expands"
We are proud to partner with the Duluth Chamber and appreciate the fine work they do.
It was a time of celebration, after 9 long months, as we held our grand opening at our new facility on August 29, 2019. Work on the new building began in August of 2018, with the manufacturing and warehouse structure being totally enclosed by the end of December 2018. Work continued in the existing building, with a total demolition of the interior, making way for the new showroom and office spaces. SGC officially occupied the new facility in May of 2019.
Our move is complete, and we are open for business. Our brand new facility was designed to be more cost-effective, while showcasing our versatility in the customized products we produce. Come visit our new showroom today!