Looking to join a growing company that offers excellent benefits, along with great opportunities to learn and grow? St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters is currently seeking an Accounting Assistant for our Duluth location.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for processing numerous accounting transactions including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, contracts, and provide accounting support to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Reconciles invoices, reimbursement, and credit card statements to their purchase orders to ensure they are approved and ready to be paid
- Troubleshoots any invoices/purchase orders that are incomplete or have issues. Takes action to remedy as appropriate
- Uses discretion to review, prepare and determine what invoices are to be paid in accordance with policy
- Enters Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR), T & M, and Progress Billing invoices; then emails A/R invoices to all clients upon completion
- Monitors and verifies sales and use tax for accuracy amongst AP/AR
- Manages record retention for AP/AR in accordance with established policies
- Responds to inquiries and resolves staff and vendor issues in a timely manner
- Performs reconciliations for balance sheet accounts related to AP
- Reviews and processes bonds as necessary for projects
- Reviews contracts and makes sure all information is accurate
- Enters new vendors/clients into accounting software with all required information including ACH/payment information
- Reviews awarded jobs – makes sure site address, tax, dollar value and budget are accurate. Emails salesperson if changes are required
- Maintains tracking system to assure all accounting documents are received for contract jobs
- Maintains all AP files, scanning and attaching daily in accordance with policy
- Drafts transmittals for outgoing mail/email (lien waivers, purchase orders, contracts, warranties, etc.)
- Follows up on open change orders on jobs
- Collects lien waiver from vendors on jobs that require proof of payment to General Contractor
- Processes W-9’s on all required jobs
- Processes FSC paperwork as needed
- Follows all safety and OSHA standards and ensures a safe working environment
- Attends departmental meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by Controller
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Associate degree in accounting, finance, or related field (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years or more of accounting experience, accounts payable/receivable experience (highly preferred)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience required or preferred. This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse environment.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- High degree of attention to detail
- Proficiency in working in Microsoft Office, Excel, Email and Calendar systems
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytic abilities
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax/scan machines.
Wage is dependent upon experience.
No travel is expected for this position
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. – Supreme Counters provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.