Great opportunity to join a growing company! St. Germain’s Cabinet is looking to hire a Project Manager to join our team. This person will be primarily responsible for taking projects from signed contract stage to project completion for custom cabinetry.
The Project Manager will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for designing, planning, organizing, controlling, integrating, and completing quality engineering solutions and projects to support manufacturing and corporate facilities and systems. The Project Manager oversees and provides guidance and direction to the engineering staff. The Project Manager reports directly to the President/Owner.
- Coordinates and reviews all construction drawings with the Estimator before any work begins
- Reviews project, schedule and scope of work
- Identifies potential quality and cost problems and develops a plan to solve them
- Orders or makes certain essential materials and services have been purchased; proactively ensures material resources are available in a timely manner to support project.
- Submits all purchase requisitions for all required materials and goods
- Tracks project budgets and timelines
- Develops layouts (by using drafting software Auto CAD) for new or existing processes or products; approves drawing releases.
- Prepares interim project reports (as directed) and completes project report. Provides copies of all technical documentation (drawings, flow charts, manuals, etc.) to project owner.
- Coordinates and communicates all aspects of the project from initial review to close out
- Works closely with other departments to ensure completion of the project including Estimating, Engineering, Production, Shipping and Installation
- Coordinates all agreed upon changes with the client and ensures the project is completed to the client’s satisfaction
- Endeavors to meet customer’s agreed upon project completion dates.
- Travels to customer sites when and where necessary.
- Provides direct supervision, coaching, counseling, mentoring, planning, monitoring and appraising job results for the engineering staff
- Complies with all OSHA regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of project management experience in Architectural Woodworking/Commercial Casework with a comprehensive understanding of interior architecture, millwork engineering, cabinetry construction and Architectural Woodworking Standards
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Cabnetware & CabinetVision
- Experience performing job take-offs and estimating
- Ability to read complex architectural shop drawings.
- High proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
- Must be extremely organized, thorough and detail-oriented
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to write, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and occasionally moderate.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position may require occasional travel to work sites.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.