Under general supervision, the Residential Solid Surface Installer is primarily responsible for all aspects of the installation of solid surface/stone/quartz or laminate countertops and backsplashes in residential sites. The Residential Solid Surface Installer reports directly to the Residential Sales Manager.
- Responsible for all aspects of countertop installation process which may include backsplashes, sinks (no wet plumbing connections) including communicating with customer and staff
- Leads loading and unloading of company vehicles with items necessary to complete installs
- Responsible for moving, setting, measuring, setting miters, onsite cutting and polishing and mounting stone countertops
- Ensures all paperwork and products (i.e. sinks, etc.) is loaded prior to leaving SGC
- Identifies any potential install issues and discusses with manager prior to leaving for site
- Tears out old countertops prior to installation of new as required
- Maintains tools and ensures they are collected and returned to assigned vehicle at the end of each job
- Ensures jobsite is clean and left in an orderly fashion after installs are complete
- Reports safety issues immediately
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years of solid surface countertop installation experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical, drug test and background check
- Ability to pass DOT examination
- Ability to interact with customers and provide prompt and courteous customer service in a professional manner
- Ability to accurately read a measuring tape and read and interpret installation drawings
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and long days
- Excellent organizational skills and be task driven
- Positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Self-motivated, responsible and reliable with ability to work independently
- Possess an understanding of the fabrication process
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching and carrying heavy material. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds and occasionally over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The following physical activities will be required on a regular basis:
- Job duties will be performed primarily at the residential job site
- Will encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures.
- Normal vehicle travel hazards will apply.
- Noise level may be high.
- May require overnight travel.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Full-time, Non-exempt. Monday-Friday.
Travel will be expected for this position
St. Germain’s Cabinet, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice